THE AUSTRALIAN FRIESIAN HORSE SOCIETY Inc.
ARTICLE 1. NAME, LEGAL AUTHORITY AND QUALIFICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
1. The Society shall bear the title the ‘Australian Friesian Horse Society Inc.’ herein referred to as ‘the Society’. At present, the municipal office will be at the address of: 25 Hendersons Rd Bowenvale, Victoria, 3465
2. The Society is incorporated as a non-profit Society in the State of Victoria.
3. Membership to the Society is open to anyone with an interest in the Friesian.
ARTICLE 2. OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY AND THE MANNER OF ACHIEVING SAME
1. To maintain the racial purity of the Friesian horse in Australia
2. To promote and encourage the breeding and exhibition of Friesian horses in.
3. The Society will accomplish this goal by recognising all the rules, regulations and status established by ‘Koninklijk Friesch Paarden Stamboek’ (KFPS), which is the Friesian horses Studbook Authority in the Netherlands.
4. The Society will support and promote shows and exhibitions of the Friesian horses.
5. The Society will endeavour to establish harmonious relations and to cooperate with Agricultural Societies throughout Australia with a view to having the breed fully represented in the schedule of prizes at shows and exhibitions conducted by such societies.
6. Because of geographical and language difficulties, the Society will negotiate procedures with the KFPS to provide members of the Society with facilities to register purebred Friesian Horses and to have them judged in accordance with KFPS standards.
7. The Society will provide registration of all Friesian horses as long as the parentage can be verified. Registration documents attest only to pedigree and do not constitute proof of ownership. The Studbook certificate is merely proof of registration in the KFPS registers and is not proof of ownership. Although the Studbook certificate is made available to the members, the KFPS is the owner of the certificate and can at all times lay claim to said certificate.